GastroMD Welcomes Dr. Soroya Rahaman to Our Staff
GastroMD welcomes Dr. Soroya Rahaman to our staff.
Dr. Rahaman received her fellowship training in Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition at Boston University/Veteran’s Administration Medical Center in Boston, MA. In addition, she completed a second fellowship in Advanced Therapeutic and Pancreatobiliary Endoscopy at Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis, IN.
She is Board Certified in Gastroenterology and is a member of the American Gastroenterology Association and the American College of Gastroenterology.
As a gastroenterologist covering a broad spectrum of illnesses, Dr. Rahaman has particular experience in advanced endoscopy procedures, including pancreatobiliary endoscopy (ERCP), cholangioscopy, and associated therapeutic interventions, including the management of benign and malignant conditions of the pancreas and bile ducts. Dr. Rahaman also has an interest and experience in managing Barrett’s esophagus using radiofrequency ablation (RFA), therapeutic enteral endoscopy including enteral stent placement/management, endoscopic management of post-bariatric procedures, and a wide variety of additional diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy procedures.
Dr. Rahaman attended medical school at the National University of Ireland, University College, Dublin, Ireland. Following medical school, she completed her Internal Medicine residency at Georgetown University/Veteran Administration Medical Center. Before joining GastroMD, she served as staff gastroenterologist at Gastroenterology Affiliates of Southeastern Massachusetts, Steward Good Samaritan Medical Center, St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, and The Endoscopy Center of Southeast Massachusetts
She has co-authored multiple publications on gastroenterology. She has also held academic positions at Indiana University Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, and Georgetown University School of Medicine.
Dr. Rahaman uses a conservative and individualized approach to ensure each patient’s best results using the most advanced technology.
She enjoys a wide variety of athletic endeavors, including Ironman triathlon and marathon running as well as golf and tennis. Dr. Rahaman also has a great love of music and theater.
- Medical Degree: National University of Ireland, University College, Dublin, Ireland
- Residency in Internal Medicine, Georgetown University/Veteran Administration Medical Center
- Advanced Therapeutic and Pancreatobiliary Fellowship, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN
- Fellowship in Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Boston University/Veteran’s Administration Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Diagnostic/Therapeutic Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, EMR
- Therapeutic Pancreatobiliary Endoscopy (ERCP) including Cholangioscopy
- Management of Barrett’s Esophagus/RFA
- Enteral Stent placement/management
- High-Resolution Manometry/Management of Esophageal Dysmotility